Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mt.Washington Hotel in New Hampshire is All that and a Bag of Chips!

My husband and I were always big skiers before we had kids, so this year when all three girls were old enough to ski we decided to pack everyone up and head to the Mt.Washington Hotel for the Martin Luther King Holiday weekend. This would be our first time at the Mt.Washington, as we normally have stayed over at the Loon Village when we head north. I have to say this hotel was simply AMAZING, so rest assured we will be heading to the MT.Washington again this winter.

I know what it's

like to travel with all three girls, we've done Disney,Bermuda,NYC and more on numerous occasions, but this hotel was like no other when it came to catering to the ENTIRE family, so much so that I just had to share it. I am all about sharing family fun and when I find a great family place I have to share it with others. Yes, I'm a giver we've already established that, now onto the hotel.

The first night we were there we brought the girls down to story time by the fireplace, where they enjoyed listened to 'If You Bring A Mouse A Cookie' and my husband and I enjoyed a cocktail next to them. We then headed off to the Hot Cocoa scavenger hunt where we rummaged through the entire hotel looking for treasures and were rewarded at the end with a yummy cup of hot cocoa with whipped cream. After that we headed to the family movie night and munched on popcorn while watching "The Little Rascals" and when it ended we headed up to our rooms and within minutes the girls were out cold. This gave the hubby and I some nice quite time alone even while we shared a hotel room with 3 little girls. I have to admit though, these rooms were basically like suites, so the girls were not bothered by my husband and I talking and having a glass of wine.

The next morning we hit the mountains only to find out that it was waaay too cold for our littlest one, so we headed back to the hotel much to my older daughters disappointment. Not to worry, the hotel had a tubing hill on the other side of it and the girls were still able to have hours of outdoor fun without getting frost bite. I call that a win win situation for everyone. After tubing my wonderful husband took the girls over to the pool while I hit the hotel spa for one of the most relaxing massages I have ever had. I know that hubz had the kiddo's so I may have lingered a lil' longer than necessary but it was just so relaxing to sit and read a magazine with a beverage in hand. I did eventually go back but I admit it was purely out of guilt. After we hung out in the hot tub for a bit we headed out for a late lunch/early dinner, and here is the best part, to a restaurant that is not in the hotel but that has a shuttle that brings you back and forth to the hotel! Yay, nobody has to drive, so we can each have a glass of wine with dinner! The food was not gourmet but that's fine because the girls were happy with their pasta and even the hubz didn't complain about the food. We headed back to the hotel where the girls got changed and once again fell asleep within minutes. I was utterly amazed,they never just fall asleep. There is always the threat of "we will have to leave first thing tomorrow morning if you can't go to sleep in the same room". Not this time baby!

Our last full day there we had reservations for a sleigh ride after breakfast and even though it was super cold we piled the big furry blankets on top of us and took a breathtaking tour of the area surrounding the hotel. Simply Beautiful. The hubz and the girls then went on a dog sled ride that I bowed out of, no need to make the poor dogs drag me around when I can walk thankyouverymuch! We hit the tubing hill and then the pool again that afternoon and then ordered room service for dinner so that hubz could watch the Pats blow their Super Bowl bid. So thank you to the Patriots for being the only horrible thing that weekend. Jerks!

No comments:

Post a Comment