Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Today's The Day To Try....

So I have been thinking of adding this little number on my blog for a bit but was not quite sure how to do it.  This morning after calling in my two oldest from school due to sore throats, which I am sure will turn into strep, I thought 'screw it and just do it'.  Yeah I did that little rhyme on purpose, took me hours to think up, but I'm good like that so there you go.  On Wednesdays we will add a Today's The Day column and talk about things to try that day, feel free to send me any ideas you may have.  So here it goes....

Today's the day to...

Increase the amount of time spent with your family without an electronic device.  Yes, sometimes it's just so easy to put on a movie and veg out in front of a television set but, today's the day to do something different.  Go for a walk in the snow or if you are lucky enough in the warm sunshine, play a board game, or color a picture, anything that increases talking or contact.

Remember, it's always nicer to meet a friend for coffee or drinks versus FaceBooking them and the same goes for kids. Why not play outside instead of watching someone else play on the computer?  Go outside get some fresh air and wear their little bodies out.  Trust me, everyone will be happier for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment